- Martin Griffin Preserve
The Bay Area Prescribed Fire Council presents
Burning in the Fog: 2020 Spring Meeting
- Join prescribed fire professionals from throughout the greater Bay Area as we dive into the utilization of controlled burning and associated land treatments that are relevant in the coastal parts of the Bay Area.
- Wednesday the 25th will be filled with engaging presentations, local updates and engrossing conversations.
- Topics will include: burning for Coastal prairie, cultural burning, Sudden Oak Death, Rx fire surrogates and more.
- Wednesday night will feature a professionally catered dinner, local band and roaring campfire under the stars.
- Thursday the 26th will be a tour to fire relevant project sites in the west Marin area.
- The Bay Area Prescribed Fire Council is a meeting point for Rx fire professionals, students, teachers, tribal members, researchers, land managers, fire fighters, regulators and the general public from throughout the greater Bay Area. At these intersections, we hope to facilitate dialogue and foster change, so that we might get more "good fire" on the ground.
Conference: Wednesday March 25th, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., at MGP's Volunteer Canyon.
Field Tour: Thursday, March 26th, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., starting at MGP's Volunteer Canyon.