Donate From Your IRA
Tax-Free IRA Gifts Help ACR Put Conservation Into Action. IRA owners now have the option of satisfying their required minimum distribution with an easy-to-arrange IRA gift to qualified nonprofit organizations, like Audubon Canyon Ranch.
Here’s what you need to know about IRA charitable rollover gifts:
• You must be 70½ or older when you make your gift.
• You can transfer up to $100,000 annually without triggering income tax.
• You can use your gift to satisfy some or all of your required minimum distribution.
• Your IRA custodian must make the distribution directly to the charity.
• Your IRA gift will pass to ACR tax-free, so 100% can be used to support the programs and preserves of Audubon Canyon Ranch.
Give a Gift of Stock to ACR
By giving appreciated property like stocks or bonds, donors can avoid paying capital gains taxes on the appreciation, receive a tax deduction for the full value of the gift, and support Audubon Canyon Ranch at a lower cost.
When ACR receives a stock gift, our policy is to sell the stock as near as possible to the date of the gift.
If you wish to donate stock, please:
- Notify your broker (preferably in writing for your records) that you are making a charitable gift of stock to ACR.
- Instruct your broker to transfer the stock into ACR’s account at Pflueger & Baerwald:
Ms. Patricia Neys
Mr. Joe Ruby
Pflueger & Baerwald
220 Sansome Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94104-2722
Stock (or funds) should be deposited to:
ACR General Operating Fund
- Contact the ACR Development Department of the arrangements you have made. This is important because your broker may not include your name in the transfer, in which case we would not be able to identify you as the donor. Notifying us enables us to track the transfer of the stock and acknowledge your gift promptly.
If you have questions or if we can assist you in making a gift of stock, please contact the ACR Development Department at 415.868.9244 ext. 119.
Thank you for your support of Audubon Canyon Ranch.
David Bouverie Scholarship Fund
The David Bouverie Scholarship Fund of Audubon Canyon Ranch provides academic scholarships to graduates of the Bouverie Junior Naturalist (Juniper) Program. It was established in memory of Phyllis Ellman, a longtime ACR Board member, supporter, "founding mother" of the Bouverie Preserve Environmental Education Program, Bouverie docent, and a member of the Quercus Quire (the ACR choir). Phyllis requested the Fund be named after David Bouverie, who talked about the need to provide financial support to motivate students with a sincere interest in higher education and the natural sciences. The Dennis and Carol Ann Rockey Fund of the Marin Community Foundation established the Fund in June of 2009 with a grant of $25,000. Since then many ACR supporters have contributed to the Fund, which has since doubled in size.
Donations to the Fund
Donations to the Fund can be made securely online (in comments, please note David Bouverie Scholarship Fund), via credit card by phone at 415.868.9244 ext. 110 or via check to ACR Headquarters with the memo "David Bouverie Scholarship Fund".
ACR is honored to have awarded the David Bouverie Scholarship to:
2016 Katy Tracy and Sara Tracy, Windsor High School
2015 Jared Abramson, Montgomery High School
2014 Daniel Grubb, Rancho Cotate High School (valedictorian)
2014 Alex Lutzow, Technology High School
2013 Jason Allen
2012 Nick Tracy, Windsor High School
2011 Elliott Smeds, Maria Carrillo High School Graduate (summa cum laude)
2010 Sophia Grubb, Rancho Cotate High School Graduate
2009 Gerrit Van Sickle, Sonoma Valley High School Graduate
Donate Your Car
Thinking of donating an unwanted car, truck or RV? Thank you for considering ACR! Cash from vehicle donations is a creative way to support the programs and preserves of Audubon Canyon Ranch.
Click here for more information.