Forms for visiting Bouverie Preserve
Forms for visiting Martin Griffin Preserve
|• Independent Kit (lesson plan)
• answer sheet
Specific to ACR
- ACR Egret Research Graphing Lesson — This lesson meets 3rd grade Common Core Math standards while introducing students to the work of ACR’s avian biologists. Students graph data and interpret data of when our scientists captured Great Egrets for their telemetry study.
- Thriving with Fire — For teachers visiting the Bouverie Preserve. Please show the first two episodes (Born in Fire and Wildlife Survives) to your students before their Preserve visit. Ask students to look for both the signs of fire and the signs of recovery from the fire during their visit.
- Martin Griffin Preserve Teacher Manual (rev. Aug 2019)
Websites with great lessons
Videos you may want to show your class before or after your visit of the organisms found on ACR preserves:
Deep Look programs by PBS - all professional and excellent. (linked on YouTube.)
- What Do Earwigs Do With Those Pincers Anyway?
- Banana Slugs: Secret of the Slime 3:54
- Samurai Wasps Say ‘Smell Ya Later, Stink Bugs’ (stink bugs and the wasp that parasitizes their eggs)
- Turret Spiders Launch Sneak Attacks From Tiny Towers (Please tell your students NOT to poke the spider’s turret as the videographers do in this video. They only do it once for the science video but it should not be done in nature.)
- Jerusalem Crickets Only Date Drummers
- What Gall! The Crazy Cribs of Parasitic Wasps
- Roly Polies Came From the Sea to Conquer the Earth
- You've Heard of a Murder of Crows. How About a Crow Funeral?
- How Ticks Dig In With a Mouth Full of Hooks
- Sticky. Stretchy. Waterproof. The Amazing Underwater Tape of the Caddisfly
- You'd Never Guess What an Acorn Woodpecker Eats
- Newt Sex: Buff Males! Writhing Females! Cannibalism!
- This Pulsating Slime Mold Comes in Peace (ft. It's Okay to Be Smart)
- This Is Why Water Striders Make Terrible Lifeguards
- For These Tiny Spiders, It's Sing or Get Served
- This Millipede and Beetle Have a Toxic Relationship
- Want a Whole New Body? Ask This Flatworm How
- Honey Bees Make Honey ... and Bread?
- This Vibrating Bumblebee Unlocks a Flower's Hidden Treasure
- Why Is The Very Hungry Caterpillar So Dang Hungry?