Social Media Community Guidelines
Welcome to the Audubon Canyon Ranch social media community!
This is a safe space to share knowledge and experience, ask questions, celebrate community, and engage in respectful discussion.
Our mission is to connect nature, people, and science for a more resilient world. We envision a world where the diversity of life thrives, and nature benefits all.
We encourage your feedback and aim to respond to your comments as soon as possible. While we do moderate this community, we welcome open discussion.
We ask that when you post, you keep in mind the following:
- Respect that other people in the community have had different life experiences and may have a different perspective to yours. We welcome different viewpoints.
- We don’t allow posts that contain abusive, harassing, sexually explicit or sexually vulgar language, profanity, or make express or implied threats of violence.
- Personal attacks, name-calling, trolling*, and abuse will not be tolerated.
- Spamming, posting promotional material, or posting links to third-party websites is not permitted.
- We reserve the right to delete comments at our discretion and block any repeat offenders. We will remove content that is fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading.
- Coordinated group attacks will not be tolerated.
- Audubon Canyon Ranch employees and volunteers participating in our online forum are reminded of the staff and volunteer social media guidelines.
- We reserve the right to modify these guidelines as we deem necessary.
*Trolling is when someone posts or comments to deliberately ‘bait’ an argument or emotional reaction. In some cases they say things they don’t even believe, just to cause drama. In other cases, they may not agree with the views of another person or group online, so they try to discredit, humiliate or punish them. Trolls often post under a fake name or anonymously. Trolls often downplay the impact of their behavior, saying it was just a joke.